Frequently asked questions
What size air conditioner do I need?To correctly determine the size of air conditioner required, a qualified representative will need to do a free site assessment. as there are a number of different factors to consider.
The following information can however give you an approximate guide to the size of air conditioner required for a particular area.
First determine m² of the room by multiplying the length of your room by the width. Then refer to the table below for the estimated unit size required.
How does an Inverter Airconditioning work?• The amount of cooling and heating required by an air conditioner unit varies depending on the outdoor temperature and the amount of heat in the room.
• When the cooling or heating capacity needs to be increased, the compressor will operate at a high speed and will increase the amount of refrigerant flow.
• Conversely, during moderate outside temperatures for examples, when the cooling or heating capacity needs to be decreased, the compressor will operate at a low speed and will decrease the amount of refrigerant flow.
• When the inverter air conditioning is switched on, the compressor operates at a high speed in order to cool or heat the room quickly, as the room temperature approaches the set temperature and saving energy.
What is the difference between inverter and non-inverter air conditioning units?
• Non inverter or Fixed speed air conditioning (click to products page)deliver a fixed amount of power via a fixed speed. This means the compressor has to stop and start to maintain the desired room temperature.
• Inverted air conditioning systems varies the speed of the compressor, delivering precise cooling or heating power as required.
• Up to 40% cheaper to run as it consumes less power
• Far quicker to achieve desired temperature
• The start-up time is reduced
• No voltage peaks from compressor
• All Samsung inverter air conditioning are heat pumps which in itself is one of the most energy efficient forms of heating.
• No temperature fluctuation, maximizing comfort levels
Ways to keep my air healthy.
If you have allergies or asthma, you already know how important clean air is to your well-being. But even people who don’t suffer from those conditions can benefit by clearing the air of impurities. Fortunately, you have more control over indoor air quality than you might think. Here are some ways to start breathing easier.
Contaminants You Can’t See or Smell
When you think of unhealthy air, you might picture billowing factory smoke or car exhaust. But some bad air won’t make you wheeze or hold your nose. Allergens, viruses, and infectious bacteria often hang around undetected. The results can range from minor irritation to major illness.
But don’t reach for the oxygen mask just yet. There’s plenty you can do to keep your air clean and safe for everyone who breathes it.
Does your vacuum cleaner seem to kick up almost as much dust as it picks up? Choose a model that has a HEPA filter. HEPA filters help prevent pollen, dust, and allergens from finding their way back into the air. If you share your space with pets, consider a vacuum cleaner that specialises in picking up animal hair, such as the Samsung NaviBot.
How Air Conditioners Can Help
You don’t need a stand-alone air purifier to get cleaner air. Some air conditioners and heating/cooling units include powerful air purification systems. The same devices that keep you comfortable can also keep the air you breathe clean.
Air conditioners help slow the growth of mold by removing excess moisture from the air. Samsung’s Auto Clean function prevents that moisture from accumulating by running the fan even when the unit is turned off. As a result, both the air conditioner and the room stay dry and clean.
Removing all the various impurities that might be present in the air requires more than a single filter—or even two. Samsung air conditioners use multiple purification technologies. The resulting air doesn’t just smell clean—it is clean, and free of unhealthy particles that can make you uncomfortable or sick.
Key features to look for include advanced filters that capture dust and bacteria that conventional filters can miss. With its large surface area and high density, Samsung’s Full HD Filter removes even the tiniest microscopic particles, keeping your air clean and fresh.
How air conditioning can help me sleep better?
Correct Temperature and HumidityComfortable bedroom temperature and humidity are essential for pleasant slumber. An air conditioner can create better conditions for sleep. Samsung’s good sleep feature takes that benefit a step further by adjusting the temperature to your individual sleep pattern.
First, good’sleep eases you into falling asleep by dropping the temperature.
During your soundest sleep, the system automatically raises the temperature slightly to keep your body relaxed, and also keeps the moisture level of the room optimal. Then, when it’s about time for your alarm clock to ring, good’sleep uses intermittent air to wake and refresh you after your night of pleasant sleep.
(And if home energy costs or environmental concerns are among the things keeping you up at night, you’ll be happy to know that good’sleep uses more than a third less energy than a normal cooling mode.)